How to build a healthier workforce
Health and wellness in the workplace go far beyond encouraging a lunchtime walk or catering healthy lunches. In this employer health services-focused video, Rachel Brown, MD, spoke about how to build a healthier workforce by encouraging and supporting preventive care, including cancer screenings and prevention of chronic disease and other illnesses.
Questions about how to build a healthier workforce that Dr. Brown answered included:
- How can you manage colorectal, cervical, breast, skin cancer and other cancers using screenings before any symptoms have become apparent?
- At what age should you begin colorectal cancer screening?
- How does a colonoscopy work?
- Is a traditional colonoscopy better than Cologuard at-home testing?
- How often should you have a mammogram?
- What age should you begin screening for breast cancer?
- When is 3D mammography used?
- How does the HPV vaccine prevent cervical cancer?
- Can you have an HPV vaccine if you are older?
- Who should be screened for lung cancer?
- Can you get a false positive on a prostate cancer screening?
- Who is at higher risk of skin cancer?
- When should you be screened for skin cancer?
- How are you tested for diabetes?
- How can you test for hearing loss due to work?
- Can you have high blood pressure and not know it?
- And more
One of the best ways to build a healthier workforce is to prevent common diseases and screen for common cancers as part of regular medical care. With Dr. Brown’s recommendations, your workforce will be able to prepare for and better prevent those common illnesses that can harm their quality of life.
Find a doctor
Whether you’re looking for a primary care physician or need to see a specialist, we’re here to help with experienced, compassionate care near you.Find a Doctor