7 weight loss tips for grilling season
The weather is warming up which means it is time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine and some good food. Meredith Fusion-Hill, RDN, shared seven weight loss friendly tips to help you enjoy cookouts this summer.
1. Find some food inspiration. There are tons of great weight loss friendly grilling recipes online. Do some research and find something fun to try.
2. Leave the buns behind. Use lettuce wraps or another veggie as the vehicle to get your protein in.
3. Mind your condiments. Try sugar-free ketchup and sugar-free barbeque sauce instead of other traditional condiments. You could even try to make your own using minimal or no sugar.
4. Bring your own food. If enjoying a backyard cookout with friends at their house, bring some side and dessert options to share that won’t derail your diet or leave you feeling uncomfortable.
5. Swap the sweet tea. It is a popular staple, but it is full of sugar. Try unsweetened tea or add a little stevia or monk fruit sweetener and a lemon wedge.
6. Enjoy corn on the cob. Fresh corn on the cob, counted as your starch, can be enjoyed during summer cookouts.
7. Get moving. Get in the pool, toss the ball, play a game of cornhole or ring toss. Do something that moves your body. It might not count as exercise, but every little bit of physical activity adds up in your new, healthier lifestyle.
8. Focus on the people. Enjoy spending quality time with those around you and remember that food is there to nourish your body. Enjoy it, but remember there’s more out there to be grateful for.
Find a doctor
Whether you’re looking for a primary care physician or need to see a specialist, we’re here to help with experienced, compassionate care near you.Find a Doctor