6 tips to help you fuel your body while traveling
Whether it’s for a vacation or quick road trip, Lisa Money, RD, shared six tips to help you strategically fuel your body while traveling.
1. Hydrate. Hydration is important in the summer heat. The body loses 3–10 ounces each hour in planes and hot automobiles. Drink at least 8 ounces per hour to stay hydrated.
2. Bring snacks. Pack snacks instead of buying them. Nut bars, fresh fruit, cut-up veggies, dry roasted edamame and tuna pouches are great on-the-go options. Also include some salty snacks like beef jerky or pretzels.
3. Bring activities. Bring non-food activities like games, books and summer assignments to prevent eating out of boredom.
4. Rest up. Bring things that help you rest well. This could include face masks, eyes masks, ear plugs, herbal tea or a travel pillow. This can also help you get a good night’s sleep in a new environment when you arrive at your destination.
5. Remember your supplements and vitamins. Don’t forget any supplements or vitamins you take regularly. Continuing to fuel your body like you normally would is important.
6. Include probiotics in your diet. Eat probiotic-rich foods to prevent gastrointestinal issues caused by sitting, nerves or new foods. These include yogurt, kombucha, kefir, miso soup and sauerkraut.
Find an orthopedic specialist you trust
Find a provider who’s right for you by viewing their online profiles, star ratings and reviews.Find an Orthopedic Doctor