Town Hall: Heart disease, heart health and what you can do at home
For National Heart Month in February, Prisma Health brought together a group of cardiology experts to answer common questions about one of the most important muscles in the body.
Cardiology experts included:
- James Ampadu, MD, heart failure cardiologist
- Michael Cryer, MD, interventional cardiologist
- Marcelo Fernandes, MD, cardiologist
- Brad Stevens, MD, cardiologist
Experts discussed the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease, as well as ways to prevent disease and maintain heart health, including:
- What tests or screenings can help you know your risks for heart disease
- Which diets are potentially harmful when it comes to heart health
- Strange symptoms that might be related to heart problems
- Can a leaky valve put you at risk for aneurysms?
- Does aspirin really help your heart?
- Why is it important to know your resting heart rate?
- How to help heart health when your job is sedentary
- Is shortness of breath a sign of heart disease?
- Is a warm climate good for heart health?
- How does severe heat affect your heart?
- And more
The best way to treat heart disease is to prevent it from developing. Our Prisma Health heart health experts are here to give you the tools you need to stay healthy, keep your heart and body strong and have a long and healthy life.
Find a cardiologist you trust
We make it easier to get the care your heart needs, with cardiologists located near you.Learn More