Healthy eating with diabetes
Whether you have been diagnosed with diabetes, are considered prediabetic, or are simply looking to gain more control over your blood sugar, you may have seen advice on how lifestyle changes, including changing your diet, are some of the most effective ways to live a healthy life with diabetes. But what does healthy eating with diabetes really mean, and what are some healthier options when it comes to blood sugar?
In this short video, Celia Beauchamp, registered dietitian and certified diabetes care and education specialist with the Diabetes Self-Management and Support Program, offered healthy eating tips for those with diabetes.
Her advice included answers to commonly asked questions about diabetes and diet, including:
- Which fruits should you avoid if you have diabetes?
- Can you safely drink alcohol if you are diabetic?
- What are some good ideas for diabetes-friendly desserts?
- Are there healthy drink options for those who don’t like water?
- What are some tips for healthy eating with diabetes when eating at a restaurant or grabbing takeout?
- And more
You can find even more nutritional tips, answers to common questions about diabetes, and more right here on our Flourish page for diabetes.
Need help managing your diabetes?
We offer advanced treatment and education programs to help you live with diabetes in a way that fits your lifestyle.Learn More