How to adapt to shift work and stay healthy
Working non-traditional hours can impact your body’s health, sometimes even causing shift work sleep disorder. Sandra Hardee, MD, medical director of occupational health services with Prisma Health, offers tips on how to prepare for shift work so you can maintain your health.
To help those who are working shifts outside of the normal 9 to 5, Dr. Hardee answers these questions:
• How does shift work, or working non-traditional hours, affect your health?
• How long does it take to adjust to shift work?
• What can you do to make the rotation to a different shift easier?
• What is shift work disorder?
• What can you do to decrease the effects of shift work disorder?
• How can you enhance your quality of life when you do shift work?
You deserve a safe and healthy workplace
We help improve the health and wellness of the workplace by offering a variety of services that can be tailored to meet your needs.Learn More